Film and Fixed Media Soundscape
This piece was inspired Wilton’s Music Hall - the world’s oldest surviving grand music hall that first opened in 1828 at Grace's Alley, Cable Street, London.
The textures, colours and layers of the peeling paint on the walls demanded to have their hidden stories told. The visuals were created by manipulating and transforming photographs of the building in its current state.
The soundscape uses familiar sounds and songs of the music hall, which are subjected to both subtle and exaggerated sonic transformations. The film conjures up an imaginary history of the hall, with the walls whispering their secrets and hinting at the dramatic happenings buried in their layers.
With special thanks to Dave Ruddy for the vocals.
- Atmospheres Festival - Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama 2016
- BEAST Feast: Music, Space, Architecture, Place - Birmingham University 2015
- Selected for International Computer Music Conference Athens 2014
- Art Experimenta Screening Vol.9 - Trispace Gallery, Bermondsey, London 2014
- World Premiere: Light and Sharpness Concert of Amanda's music at Mumford Theatre, Anglia Ruskin University, 2013